UK country duo The Shires will be making the soundtrack to your summer Country this year, performing at a series of high profile music festivals and events including: Glastonbury Festival (where they headline the Acoustic Stage), Cornbury Music Festival, Platform Festival, Lakes Festival, Bracknell Festival, Lytham Festival, Castle Rock and Cottingham Music Festival as well as supporting Tom Jones at Bedford Park on Sunday 7 August.
The live dates will follow an intense period of song writing for the Shires, who have been working on their new album in Music City: Nashville, with top country music producers and recording their album at Sound Stage Studios, one of the most prestigious recording studios in Nashville, which has cut records for other country superstars such as Carrie Underwood, Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum.
The Shires stated:
“We are very excited to be getting back on the road again. We toured so much of last year it felt like we needed a break by Christmas but since we’ve been in the studio, our thoughts have returned to the road. We can’t wait to get back on that tour bus and play some of the new music we’ve been working on. The album is in full production now and we hope to have news on that soon – but we can definitely say it’s on the way.”
The first UK country act ever to have a top 10 album in their home country, The Shires have been at the forefront of the British Country music movement which has seen a sea change in the opinion of the British public, who have embraced the genre and UK bands making music inspired by US country artists. The Shires success has been unparalleled, with the band becoming one of the biggest breakthrough acts of 2015 (alongside the likes of James Bay and Years & Years), performing at Glastonbury Festival, the Grand Ole Opry and last year even saw their debut go Gold – a huge achievement for any British artist. Embraced by national radio in the UK, where they’ve had 7 play listed singles from one album, The Shires also made numerous TV appearances in promotion of their debut record, including performing at the BBC Music Awards and gracing the sofa on Graham Norton’s show alongside Ann Hathaway and Robert De Niro.
The band will be performing at the following festivals this summer:
· Glastonbury Festival – Saturday 25th June, 2016 @21.45pm
· Cornbury Music Festival – Sunday 10th July, 2016 @ 12:00 pm. City: Chipping Norton. Venue: Great Tew Park
· Platform Festival – Saturday 16th July, 2016 @ 1:00 pm. City: York, Venue: The Old Station, Pocklington
· Lakes Festival – Saturday 16th July, 2016 @ 6:00 pm. City: Skegness. Venue: Sycamore Lakes Park
· Bracknell Festival – Saturday 30th July, 2016 @ 12:00 pm. City: Bracknell. Venue: South Hill Park Grounds
· Lytham Festival – Tuesday 2nd August, 2016 @ 6:00 pm. City: Lytham. Venue: Lytham Green
· Supporting Tom Jones – Sunday 7th August, 2016 @ 5:00 pm. City: Bedford. Venue: Bedford Park
· Castle Roc Music Festival – Saturday 20th August, 2016 @ 12:00 pm. City: Chepstow. Venue: Chepstow Castle
· Cottingham Music Festival – Sunday 28th August, 2016 @ 7:30 pm. City: Cottingham. Venue: Civic Hall
For more information and tickets please visit: http://www.theshiresmusic.com/tour/