Chase Rice surprised fans with the release of eagerly-awaited new music, dropping The Album Part I on Friday, with Part II to follow later in 2020. This follows his biggest run of sold-out UK headline shows to date.
As evidenced by its emphatic title, the new project reflects what the singer & songwriter considers to be his most defining release to date.
“I chose to call this The Album because it’s the first thing I would encourage someone to listen to if they want to know who I am as an artist,” explains Rice. “My career has been such a rollercoaster journey, but it’s all led to this moment and these songs. So much of what I’ve learned, so much of what I’ve fought through – it’s all reflected in this music.”
“‘Eyes On You’ and ‘Lonely If You Are’ were both huge for us at our live shows before they were even on the radio,” notes Rice. “We’ve recently started mixing in newer songs at our shows – sometimes within a day or two of writing them – and we can feel how passionately the fans respond. It’s clear that they’re eager for more new music, so we wanted to kick off the new year with this surprise!”
1. American Nights (Kevin Griffin, Martin Johnson; produced by Martin Johnson)
2. Lonely If You Are (Chase Rice, Lindsay Rimes, Hunter Phelps; produced by Chris DeStefano and Chase Rice)
3. Everywhere (Chase Rice, Zachary Kale, James McNair; produced by Zachary Kale)
4. Best Night Ever (Chase Rice, Chris DeStefano, Matt Jenkins; produced by Chris DeStefano)
5. Messy (Seth Ennis, Kylie Sackley; produced by Chris DeStefano)
6. In The Car (Chase Rice, Jesse Rice, Hunter Phelps, Mark Holman; produced by Chris DeStefano)
7. Forever To Go (Jordan Minton, Casey Brown, Geoffrey Warburton; produced by Casey Brown)
US fans can also watch a special performance of “Lonely If You Are” this Monday (Jan. 27th) as Rice joins “The Bachelor” airing at 8/7c on ABC.