Human The Double Album, the sophomore major-label release from Cody Johnson, will be available October 8th to stream and purchase on all digital music platforms (PRE-ORDER HERE).
The massive endeavor is stacked top to bottom with songs that were originally rejected by other Nashville artists, for what Johnson considers as being too country for country.
“It’s so hard to watch the fight to get the cowboy back on the radio, so I told them to bring those songs to me,” Johnson explains. “Because that’s who I am and the lifestyle I live.” Johnson continued: “There was too much good out there to let go of, so I just said, ‘We’re going to cut all of them.’ There are ones I wrote on, there are ones I didn’t write on, and there are ones that I wish I’d written. I addressed things personally with this music and when people listen to Human, they are going to hear a lot more of me being me. I am finally comfortable with myself and able to share that with my fans.”
To celebrate the announcement, Johnson has also released the brand-new tracks “Treasure” and “Son of a Ramblin’ Man,” which are both featured on the 18-track project. Backed by harmonies and a beautiful fiddle feature, Johnson brings to life songwriter Matt Rogers’ lyrics in “Treasure,” which tells a story about how beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. He then puts his Texas spin on “Son of a Ramblin’ Man,” written and originally recorded by legendary singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Vince Gill.
Human The Double Album Track List:
- “Human” – Tony Lane, Travis Meadows
- “Honky Tonk Hardwood Floors” – Carson Chamberlain, Wyatt McCubbin, Michael White
- “Sad Songs and Waltzes” – Willie Nelson
- “’Til You Can’t” – Matt Rogers, Ben Stennis
- “God Bless the Boy (Cori’s Song)” – Barrett Baber, Terri Jo Box, Scott Sean White
- “Known for Loving You” – Cody Johnson, Ben Hayslip, Trent Willmon
- “Driveway” – Lindsay Rimes, Matt Rogers
- “Son of a Ramblin’ Man” – Vince Gill
- “I Always Wanted To” – Tom Douglas, Allen Shamblin, Jordyn Shellhart
- “I Don’t Know a Thing About Love” – Harlan Howard
- “Longer Than She Did” – Eric Paslay, Paul Sikes, Matt Stell
- “Made a Home” – Cody Johnson, Jesse Raub, Scott Sean White
- “Let’s Build a Fire” – Chris Janson, Mitch Oglesby
- “When It Comes to You” – Jeremy Bussey, Tony Lane
- “Treasure” – Matt Rogers
- “Stronger” – Jared Elledge, Dustin Miller, Trent Willmon
- “Cowboy Scale of 1 to 10” – Cody Johnson, David Frasier, Trent Willmon
- “By Your Grace” – Cody Johnson