With pop superstar Demi Lovato among its advocates, “Speechless” has officially been named the second single from Dan + Shay’s (Dan Smyers and Shay Mooney) latest self-titled release. An array of national media outlets have tendered its praise already, with Rolling Stone noting, “Dan + Shay are at their most collectively potent on…‘Speechless,’ their groove-oriented production giving Mooney plenty of space to proclaim his love in soaring fashion” and People calling out the song specifically in their “People’s Picks” review. Having already gained over 32.5 million on-demand streams to date, the song ranks #8 in streams, #12 in consumption and #16 in sales on the Mediabase Top 50 Country chart before its upcoming August 6 add day. The official music video, which was featured on The Knot upon release (READ HERE), has accumulated more than 12 million combined views and uses actual footage from each of their recent weddings.
“Speechless is definitely inspired by our wives,” says Mooney. “It’s very cool to release songs that are not only stories of our lives but also very personal experiences. Seeing our wives for the first time in their wedding dresses was absolutely an unforgettable and we talked about that while writing the song and bringing that moment to life in this song.”
Country music’s hottest duo is also set to perform their multi-week No. 1 single “Tequila” and other brand new songs when they take over the famed outdoor stage at Jimmy Kimmel Live! in Hollywood on July 31. Dan + Shay haven already taken “Tequila” to Ellen, the 53rd Annual ACM Awards, the 2018 CMT Music Awards and the Citi Summer Concert Series on TODAY week of release. The Tennessean recently named the global smash to its “Nashville’s Best Songs of 2018 So Far” list, calling it “a contemporary spin on an old-fashioned country heartbreak song.” It has earned more than 178 million on-demand streams and currently sits as the fourth most-streamed country song of the year.
Now clocking in more than 243,000 album equivalents and over 263 million cumulative streams, Dan + Shay debuted atop the Billboard Country Album chart and accumulated 29 million cumulative streams during release-week alone, making it the highest debut-week stream-total of any new country release in 2018. Co-produced by Smyers alongside the award-winning Scott Hendricks, it is the only country album released this year to have every song hit Nielsen’s Country On-Demand Streaming chart, with all 11 tracks featuring a writing credit from the duo. In addition, the album has drawn the attention of fans and fellow artists spanning multiple genres, including Keith Urban, Luke Combs, Kelly Clarkson, Brett Eldredge and Shawn Mendes.
The duo is sharing their music out on the road with Rascal Flatts for their “Back To Us” Tour through the summer and will join Chris Young for the fall leg of his “Losing Sleep” Tour in October. They’ll take their collection of No. 1 hits and brand new tunes across the globe with their recently announced six-date UK tour kicking off January 17, 2019.
DAN + SHAY TRACK LIST:
- “Alone Together” (Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Jesse Frasure, Hillary Lindsey)
- “Tequila” (Dan Smyers, Jordan Reynolds, Nicolle Galyon)
- “What Keeps You Up At Night” (Jordan Reynolds, Jordan Minton, Chase Foster)
- “All To Myself” (Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Jordan Reynolds, Nicolle Galyon)
- “Keeping Score” feat. Kelly Clarkson (Dan Smyers, Jordan Reynolds, Laura Veltz)
- “Make or Break” (Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Emily Weisband, Jordan Reynolds)
- “Speechless” (Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Jordan Reynolds, Laura Veltz)
- “Stupid Love” (Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Jon Nite, David Hodges)
- “No Such Thing” (Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Matt Dragstrem, David Lee Murphy)
- “My Side of the Fence” (Shay Mooney, Benjy Davis)
- “Island Time” (Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Andy Albert, Jimmy Robbins)