Eli Young Band have revealed plans for a full-length album. Love Talking (The Valory Music Co.) is set for release Friday, June 3 and is available for pre-order HERE along with brand-new song “Break Up In A Bar.”
“We really wanted to find the positivity in what we got out of the last two years, so that was one of the main goals for this album,” notes lead singer Mike Eli. “There was a lot of unknown that was written into some of the music we created during that time, but we all lived it so deeply; we wanted to offer something uplifting with our music.”
“Break Up In A Bar,” a three-and-a-half-minute raucous response to saying goodbye to a relationship, offers that positive twist on a typically heavy topic while serving as one of the only outside cuts on the album, having been penned by Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson and Hunter Phelps.
“Right away, you could just hear the melody in the song from the top and know, ‘okay, this is a special one.’ And the spin – it’s one of those songs lyrically you just wish you would have thought of,” reflects Eli, who crafted 7 of the 9 tracks. “We know that that’s always the first rule – if you hear something that you wish you would have thought of it’s worth that second listen. We just started playing it in our live show, and it’s funny to see the audience because they want to know it so bad… That’s a good sign.”
Overall, Eli found himself writing more than 150 songs in the time since the GRAMMY-nominated band released This Is Eli Young Band: Greatest Hits in 2019. On Love Talking, he joins forces with Nashville stalwarts Jimmy Robbins, Laura Veltz, Josh Osborne, Jon Nite and more.
1. Love Talking (Mike Eli, Eric Arjes, Jeffrey East)
2. Lucky For Me (Mike Eli, Jimmy Robbins, Laura Veltz)
3. Break Up In A Bar (Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps)
4. Love Ain’t (Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally)
5. Chances Are (Mike Eli, Eric Arjes, Jordan Minton)
6. Live With It (Mike Eli, Josh Osborne, Daniel Ross)
7. Tell Me It Is (Mike Eli, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins)
8. A Good Thing (Mike Eli, Eric Arjes, Jeffery East)
9. Love Talking (Acoustic) (Mike Eli, Eric Arjes, Jeffrey East)