Nine months after delighting fans with the news of their first album in nearly fifteen years, Hootie & the Blowfish share the first taste of what’s to come with Imperfect Circle’s November 1 release via “Rollin’,” now available at all digital retailers and streaming platforms.
Written by Hootie & the Blowfish together with Adam Doleac, Zach Kale and John King, the track premiered exclusively with Billboard.
“When we started getting that one going I was like, ‘Man, we’re a Southern rock band when we play this,’” frontman Darius Rucker shared. “I loved it. It’s like us trying to play a Black Crowes or Allman Brothers cover. I love the feel of that ’cause we don’t do that a lot.”
Billboard also broke the news of Imperfect Circle’s track listing, with highlights including a Lucie Silvas feature on “Wildfire Love,” which features Ed Sheeran as a co-writer, as well as Chris Stapleton’s penmanship on the only outside cut, “Hold On,” and Sheryl Crow on backing vocals throughout the album.
“I think it’s cool that Imperfect Circle kind of has the same ring to it as Cracked Rear View where you’re looking back and you realize nobody’s journey is perfect, but here we are,” says guitarist Mark Bryan of the album’s name. “We’ve been playing together for thirty-something years and for us to be here and to be doing this tour, to be making a record, it just seems like Imperfect Circle was perfect,” adds Rucker.
Set for release November 1 on Universal Music Group’s Capitol Nashville imprint, the album is now available for pre-order HERE.
Imperfect Circle Track Listing:
1. New Year’s Day (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Tofer Brown, Eric Paslay and Jeﬀ Trott)
2. Miss California* (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Andrew DeRoberts and David Ryan Harris)
3. Wildfire Love (Featuring Lucie Silvas) (Hootie & the Blowfish, Joel Crouse, Kyle Rife and Ed Sheeran)
4. Hold On* (Jim Beavers and Chris Stapleton)
5. Turn It Up (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh and Jeff Trott)
6. Not Tonight (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Andrew DeRoberts and David Ryan Harris)
7. We Are One (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh)
8. Everybody But You* (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh and Frank Rogers)
9. Lonely On A Saturday Night (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Eric Paslay and Jeﬀ Trott)
10. Why (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Chris August and James Slater)
11. Rollin’ (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh, Adam Doleac, Zach Kale and John King)
12. Half A Day Ahead (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh)
13. Change (Hootie & the Blowﬁsh)
Album Produced by Jeff Trott
*Produced by Frank Rogers
- Gig Reviews2 weeks ago
GIG REVIEW: Keith Urban – Live At O2 Academy, Birmingham UK
- Album/Single Reviews5 years ago
REVIEW: The Cadillac Three – ‘Legacy’
- C2C Reviews2 months ago
C2C REVIEW: Kip Moore – The O2, London
- Album/Single Reviews4 years ago
REVIEW: The Wandering Hearts – ‘Burning Bridges’ EP
- Album/Single Reviews5 months ago
Top 10 Country Albums/EPs Of 2021
- Album/Single Reviews3 weeks ago
EP REVIEW: Tenille Townes – “Masquerades”
- News3 months ago
Scotty McCreery Pays Homage To George Strait In “Damn Strait” Video
- News4 months ago
Kip Moore Releases “Crazy One More Time” To Radio