Logan Mize shares some small-town life advice with the release of his brand-new song, ‘If You Get Lucky,’ written by the Kansas native alongside Daniel Agee and Mize’s longtime collaborator, Blake Chaffin.
“’If You Get Lucky’ was the last song we wrote for the album, right at the tail-end of everything”, explains Mize. “We were going in the studio, and we felt like we were missing a solid, up-tempo track – like, if you were listening to Tom Petty’s ‘Into the Great Wide Open’ record, what would it sound like if ‘Learning to Fly’ wasn’t on there? It just wouldn’t be right. That’s kind of where the idea came from, and it ended up being a really collaborative process. All three of us – Dan [Agee], Blake [Chaffin] and myself – all had their own little part in creating it.”
This track is the latest in a line of sneak peeks into Prairieville, a place Mize and Chaffin have been writing about since they were Nashville newcomers more than a decade ago that draws inspiration from their own tiny hometown upbringings and serves as the backdrop for every song off Mize’s upcoming album.
Fans can pre-order and pre-save ‘Welcome to Prairieville’ HERE
‘Welcome to Prairieville’ Album Track Listing:
1. George Strait Songs (writers: Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize)
2. Welcome To Prairieville (writers: Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize)
3. River Road (writers: Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize, Tyler Johnson)
4. Wine at the Church, Beer at the Bar (writers: Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize, Jason Blaine)
5. Follow Your Heart (writers: Lynn Hutton, Logan Mize)
6. I Need Mike (writer: Blake Chaffin)
7. If You Get Lucky (writers: Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize, Daniel Agee)
8. Tell the Truth (writers: Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize)
9. We Ain’t Broke (writers: Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize)
10. I Still Miss You (writers: Blake Chaffin, Logan Mize, Jill Martin)
11. It’s About Time (writer: Logan Mize)