Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, will release Still Woman Enough, Loretta Lynn’s new studio album on Friday, March 19, 2021.
Still Woman Enough is available for pre-order now in in digital, CD and 12″ vinyl LP formats: https://smarturl.it/StillWomanEnoughAZ
Still Woman Enough celebrates women in country music. From her homage to the originators, Mother Maybelle Carter and the Carter Family (via her cover of “Keep On The Sunny Side”) through a new interpretation of her very first single, “I’m A Honky Tonk Girl,” Loretta Lynn acknowledges her role in the continuum of American country music with a special collaboration with Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood (“Still Woman Enough”), and duets with Margo Price (“One’s On The Way”) and Tanya Tucker (“You Ain’t Woman Enough”), sharing the musical torch with some of the brightest lights and biggest stars in contemporary country music.
“I am just so thankful to have some of my friends join me on my new album. We girl singers gotta stick together,” said Loretta Lynn. “It’s amazing how much has happened in the fifty years since ‘Coal Miner’s Daughter’ first came out and I’m extremely grateful to be given a part to play in the history of American music.”
The album was mainly recorded at the Cash Cabin Studio in Hendersonville, Tennessee, with producers Patsy Lynn Russell and John Carter Cash.
It features 13 new Loretta Lynn recordings – performances of a career-spanning selection of songs illuminating different aspects of her repertoire. The collection is centred around Loretta’s original compositions–from new songs like “Still Woman Enough”, through fresh interpretations of classics including “I’m a Honky Tonk Girl” (her first single, originally released March 1960), “You Ain’t Woman Enough” (the title track for her first #1 Billboard Hot Country Album in 1966), “My Love” (from 1968’s Here’s Loretta Lynn), “I Wanna Be Free” (1971) and a deeply emotional “Coal Miner’s Daughter Recitation,” commemorating the 50th anniversary of the release of her signature song (October 5, 1970) and album (January 4, 1971).
01. Still Woman Enough (featuring Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood) (Loretta Lynn and Patsy Lynn Russell)
02. Keep On The Sunny Side (A.P. Carter)
03. Honky Tonk Girl (Loretta Lynn)
04. I Don’t Feel At Home Any More (Traditional, arrangement by Loretta Lynn)
05. Old Kentucky Home (Stephen Foster and Loretta Lynn)
06. Coal Miner’s Daughter Recitation (Loretta Lynn)
07. One’s On The Way (featuring Margo Price (Shel Silverstein)
08. I Wanna Be Free (Loretta Lynn)
09. Where No One Stands Alone (Lister Mosie)
10. I’ll Be All Smiles Tonight (T.B. Ransom)
11. I Saw The Light (Hank Williams)
12. My Love (Loretta Lynn)
13. You Ain’t Woman Enough (featuring Tanya Tucker) (Loretta Lynn)