Capitalising on the momentum built by their final arena tour in the UK, a DVD has been released of the Nashville Cast’s performance at the Royal Albert Hall last year. Available in online stores now, the DVD offers Nashville fanatics a huge 193-minute run-time with bonus features ‘Nashville In London’ as well as ‘The Songs Of Nashville’, in which the cast speak in detail about some of their favourite songs from the show and the stories behind them.
It really is a must-have for avid fans of the TV show, and of course for anyone who was in attendance for that very special night at the Royal Albert Hall to re-live the memories. It features a rollercoaster of a show from Charles Esten, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Jonathan Jackson and Chris Carmack, packed full of the usual fan favourites alongside a selection of original material from the immensely talented group.
The likes of ‘What If I Was Willing’, ‘Borrow My Heart’, ‘Fade Into You’ and ‘Black Roses’ have become iconic masterpieces from the Nashville soundtrack, and you’ll find every one of those here, sparking a rapturous reaction from the adoring London crowd. Adding a bit of variety, we have Sam Palladio’s ‘Wake Me Up In Nashville’, Charles Esten’s ‘He Ain’t Me’, Jonathan Jackson’s cover of ‘The Killing Moon’ and more, showcasing their individual artistry and proving that they’re all destined for future musical successes now that the show has reached the end of its course.
Always the highlight of a Nashville concert is the spine-tingling encore ‘A Life That’s Good’, where the whole cast come together for one last performance. With the audience providing a wonderful choir, lighting up their phones too, it encapsulates the magic of the TV show and it’s a moment for reflection on the impact the show has made on country music in the UK. It’ll be sadly missed, but we’ll definitely be seeing a lot more of the cast, some of whom have announced UK solo shows already for later this year.
Make sure you grab a copy of the DVD; whether it be for your own pleasure or as a gift to a fellow Nashville super-fan, it’s a hugely enjoyable few hours of great music from a lovely group of people. Don’t miss out!
- Buckle Up – Charles Esten
2. What If I Was Willing – Chris Carmack
3. Spinning Revolver – Chris Carmack
4. Keep Asking Why – Jonathan Jackson
5. Love Rescue Me – Jonathan Jackson
6. I Will Fall – Sam Palladio
7. Headed For The Fire – Sam Palladio
8. Borrow My Heart – Sam Palladio / Clare Bowen / Jonathan Jackson
9. Longer – Clare Bowen / Brandon Young
10. Little By Little – Clare Bowen
11. Hand To Hold – Charles Esten / Clare Bowen
12. Simple As That – Charles Esten
13. Stand Up – Chris Carmack / Clare Bowen / Brandon Young / Sam Palladio
14. If It’s Love – Sam Palladio / Chris Carmack
15. Texas Flood – Chris Carmack
16. The Killing Moon – Jonathan Jackson
17. Unchained Melody – Jonathan Jackson
18. Hello Heartbreak Blues – Sam Palladio
19. Wake Me Up In Nashville – Sam Palladio
20. Fade Into You – Clare Bowen / Sam Palladio
21. Let It Rain – Clare Bowen
22. Black Roses – Clare Bowen
23. True Love Ways – Charles Esten
24. I Climb The Walls – Charles Esten
25. He Ain’t Me – Charles Esten
26. Heroes – Charles Esten / Clare Bowen / Sam Palladio / Chris Carmack / Jonathan Jackson
27. And Then We’re Gone – Charles Esten / Clare Bowen / Sam Palladio / Chris Carmack / Jonathan Jackson
28. A Life That’s Good – Charles Esten / Clare Bowen / Sam Palladio / Chris Carmack / Jonathan Jackson
29. A Life That’s Good (Reprise) – Charles Esten / Clare Bowen / Sam Palladio / Chris Carmack / Jonathan Jackson