Warner Music Nashville and Sweety High sensation TEGAN MARIE is tapping into a positive, fun brand of girl power with her new song “I Know How To Make A Boy Cry,” available now.
Written by the 14-year-old Country phenom alongside Grammy award winner Nathan Chapman (Taylor Swift), Nelly Joy and Jason Reeves, Tegan says the self-worth anthem is not literally about making boys cry. Instead, it’s more about finding the inner strength to stand up for yourself and take the high road when romance turns sour.
“One of my favorite lyrics in the song is ‘my mascara’s waterproof’ because for me this goes way beyond just my go-to mascara,” shares Tegan. “It represents an attitude to have when someone hurts your feelings.”
Produced by Chapman and hitmaker Scott Hendricks (Blake Shelton) and showcasing Tegan’s effervescent vocals alongside her undeniable “it factor,” the track is making its premiere across digital streaming platforms – a sign of the Michigan native’s ongoing connection with young Country fans. After being discovered by the Gen-Z girls site Sweety High, her viral videos have gone on to gather more than 100 million views worldwide.
After “I Know How To Make A Boy Cry” makes its debut, the fresh faced singer-songwriter will then kick off a stacked week of high profile appearances surrounding the 2018 CMA Music Fest in Nashville.
- On June 5, she’ll participate in Craig Campbell’s 6th Annual Celebrity Cornhole Challenge, with proceeds benefiting Fight CRC (Fight Colorectal Cancer)
- June 7, will find Tegan co-hosting the Radio Disney Country Stage and performing at 11 a.m.
- June 8, will include two performances: one at 10:45 a.m. on the Maui Jim Broadway Stage at Hard Rock Café; and Spotify’s Hot Country event at Ole Red at 5 p.m.
- On June 9, Tegan will take the field for the City of Hope Celebrity Softball Game at First Tennessee Park; and she’ll perform at Ascend Amphitheater on the Cracker Barrel Country Roads Stage Presented By Warner Music Nashville at 7 p.m.
- Then on June 10, she’ll wrap up her CMA Music Fest schedule with a special fan-club party, set for 10 a.m. at the headquarters of her record label, Warner Music Nashville. Visit here for additional information and to purchase tickets.